1. School Calendar and Tiger Talk Newsletters- Please hang the Ravenwood school calendar you receive today at enrollment in a prominent place in your home to keep track of special events. *There will be no weekly parent newsletters with calendar reminders.* All principal communication will be on a parent website- http://ravenwoodtiger.weebly.com/
We will utilize CityWatch, Olathe Alert, and teacher email.
2. Arrival & Dismissal- Arrival and Dismissal procedures will remain the same as last school year. All new families and kindergarten families will be assigned car dismissal numbers and receive directions on our arrival and dismissal procedures.
3. Grades 3, 4, and 5- Students in third, fourth, and fifth grade need a 1 inch binder with a viewable front/back cover. The binder can be any color but no larger than 1 inch please. This binder will be used for assignment notebooks.
4. Tardies- We successfully had 789 less tardies last school year. In 2013-14 there were 2,307 tardies and 2014-15 there were 1,518 tardies. This year’s goal is less than 700 tardies for the entire school year. The best time for students to arrive is 8:00-8:15am. Students must be in their classroom when the 8:20am bell rings.
5. Healthy Snacks- This school year we are going to work on bringing snacks that are healthier for classroom snack breaks. There is a list of healthy options in your enrollment folder.
6. The Watchdog Dad sign up is ready! The link is: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054da4af2bab9-ravenwood2
7. Character Trait Focus for the 2015-16 School Year
8. Sneak- A- Peek is August 10th from 5:30-6:30pm
· Drop off your school supplies
· Meet your teacher
· Full day kindergarten students will meet all the kindergarten teachers for Camp Kindergarten.
· Then Join The Ravenwood PTO “On The Blacktop” From 6:00-7:30pm
· This is a great time to catch up with friends while enjoying some music and cool treats!
· PTO will be selling hot dogs, brats, chips, drinks, and cool treats, so don’t forget your money!
Christi D. Gottschalk