Who is this Ravenwood teacher? The last baby picture was Mrs. Kray! Make your guess on Ravenwood's Facebook page!
Olathe West Boundary Meetings
All Olathe Elementary schools will have kindergarten roundup on the same date and during the same time for the 2016-17 school year. Kindergarten roundup will be on Thursday, February 25, 2016 from 1:00 – 6:00 pm at each school.
5th Grade Parents- PRT parent note attached
Dear Ravenwood families,
This week your child learned about the annual Major Saver fundraiser that the Olathe Public Schools Foundation has elementary schools participate in. They will bring home the packet today and will be asked to sell discount cards throughout the next week and a half. More information regarding collection dates and prizes are listed on the packet.
Half of the money raised directly benefits Ravenwood Elementary. The Olathe Public Schools Foundation uses the other half of the money raised by this fundraiser to help educators purchase resources that the school district cannot afford as well as recognize staff members for their hard work. I wanted to list a few examples that Ravenwood has been helped by the OPSF in the last year.
- All elementary students will have participated in the Rachel’s Challenge program which teaches kindness and compassion.
- Rhonda Rettig and Lindsey Brake won the Educator Excellence Award for outstanding work in the classroom and received a $500 grant.
- During the Annual Autumn Breakfast, teachers submitted Fund-A-Need grants to our website. Fund-A-Need is a new, innovative crowd-funding program that brings donors directly into classrooms to help support teacher and student needs.
- The OPSF funds $100,000 in classroom grants each school year.
- At Ravenwood Elementary, the Olathe Public Schools Foundation funded grants for:
- Ukuleles and chimes for the music department
- Heart rate monitors for P.E.
- Sensory items that helped students return to regular classrooms when stressed
- Daily 5 Word Work and Writing materials for the classrooms
- Curriculum books for Kindergarten
- Osmo for the library
- Graduates of Ravenwood are now invited to attend a girls-only summer camp focused on Science Technology, Engineering and Math, funded by the OPSF.
As you can see, the Olathe Public Schools Foundation has been very generous to Ravenwood students. One way to give back is to participate in this Major Saver fundraiser if possible. I know that our staff and students will continue to benefit from the generosity from the Foundation!
From the Foundation Website--
The Olathe Public Schools Foundation is once again offering Major Saver discount cards for sale through the Olathe elementary schools. Sales run January 19 through February 5. Proceeds from the sale of Major Saver cards directly support the participating schools and the activities of the Olathe Public Schools Foundation. In 2015, the Foundation and schools raised a record $168,000 through the sale of the Major Saver cards.
The 2016 participating restaurants/establishments include: Culver’s, Goodcents, Johnny’s Tavern, Pizza Hut, Noodles & Company, Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Street, Sylas and Maddy’s, Austin's, Smallcakes, Schlotzsky’s, Johnny’s BBQ, Granite City, Smoothie King, Price Chopper, Cosmic Jump, Olathe Parks and Recreation, AND MORE.
Major Saver cards can be purchased online at www.majorsaver.com for $15. The sale can be credited back to a particular student/school. All cards purchased online will be mailed directly to the customer. Returning this year is the ability to purchase the Major Saver card as an app for your smartphone.
Major Saver stresses safe selling and discourages door to door campaigning. The company encourages students to sell to family members, church patrons, neighbors, or other adults the family may know; and to always make sure their parents are involved.
Please consider purchasing one or more Major Saver cards this year to help benefit the Olathe Public Schools Foundation and the students within the district.
Friday is a STUCO BLACK OUT SPIRIT DAY!
Valentine's Day Party date-- Thursday, February 4th 2:30-3:30pm
AM Kindergarten 10:30am