Thank you to all the families who have sold Major Saver cards during the campaign.
Half of the money raised directly benefits Ravenwood Elementary. The Olathe Public Schools Foundation uses the other half of the money raised by this fundraiser to help educators purchase resources that the school district cannot afford as well as recognize staff members for their hard work. I wanted to list a few examples that Ravenwood has been helped by the OPSF in the last year.
- Lindsey Brake and Rhonda Rettig won the Educator Excellence Award for outstanding work in the classroom and each received a $500 cash award.
- Fund-A-Need is an innovative, online crowd-funding program supported by the Olathe Public Schools Foundation that directly connects donors with classroom needs. To date, Ravenwood has raised $2,200 through the Fund-a-Need program for classroom projects.
- Angie Bartels won the CEERA award recently and received a $500 cash award. This award is for outstanding and excellent service as a classified employee of the Olathe District Schools.
- The OPSF funds $100,000 in classroom grants each school year. At Ravenwood Elementary, the Olathe Public Schools Foundation funded grants for keyboards that connect to district provided iPads for the music department, heart rate monitors for P.E., and sensory items that helped students return to regular classrooms when stressed.
- Graduates of Ravenwood are now invited to attend a girls-only summer camp focused on Science Technology, Engineering and Math, funded by the OPSF.
- As our students mature into middle and high school students, they receive the benefit of the Foundation’s $100,000 annual scholarship program; their $120,000 annual commitment to health and wellness of our students; and their efforts to bring industry and university level equipment to our vocational programs and our 21st Century Academies.
Each year we seek input from the parents/guardians of the students in our district. Your input helps us target areas of improvement. Survey results are analyzed districtwide, are provided to the Board of Education, and given to each school. If you have a specific concern, I encourage you to speak directly with someone, such as the person(s) with whom you have the concern, your student’s classroom teacher, or with me.
The anonymous survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete. You may access the survey by clicking on the link below.
The survey is intended to allow for one response per household. If you receive the survey link from multiple schools, you only need to complete one survey. You may also complete the survey onsite at the upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences on February 10th or 11th. Additionally, accessing the survey via a QR code will be an option for parents who wish to complete the survey on any Smartphone or other portable device.
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We value your input.
In the past, parents and staff members interested in receiving timely school and weather notifications would have to sign up for this service (Olathe Alert).
Thanks to the district’s new notification system (Blackboard) parents and staff are automatically enrolled; parents through their student’s enrollment form and staff through Employee Online.
Parents: To continue to receive these important notifications, please make sure that any changes in contact information (cell number, email) are updated at your child’s school. Staff members can update their contact information at eo.olatheschools.com. Be sure to provide a cell phone number if you would like text message notifications in the event of an emergency. When updating, please choose Cell Phone to designate this is your cell phone number.
To learn more about other ways to learn about weather-related school closings, go to http://www.olatheschools.com/using-joomla/extensions/components/content-component/article-category-list/2241-receiving-cancellation-information.
All Olathe Elementary schools will have kindergarten roundup on the same date and during the same time for the 2017-18 school year. Kindergarten roundup will be on Thursday, February 23, 2017 from 1:00 – 6:00 pm at each school.
Mid-Quarter progress reports will be given out at conferences.
Parent Teacher Conference Schedule
Wednesday, February 8th- 4:30-8:30pm
Thursday, February 9th- 11:00am-8:00pm
Friday, February 10th- No School
Please call Kathy Reese in the office if you need to reschedule your conference time.