Online Registration/Recycled Information
Once you’ve accessed parentvue.olatheschools.com, click on the Messages tab on the ParentVUE home page to access the Online Registration module. The process is self-guided, with prompts to help complete registration. If you do not have demographic changes, you can go directly to the Health Update and Acknowledgement screens by clicking the “In Progress” button on the Student tab. Once these screens are complete, simply click submit.
Families new to the district will need to visit their child's school to register on July 27. Families in need of assistance will have two options to get help with the online registration process. They can visit their child’s school on July 27 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for help with the registration process or they can call the district’s Registration Helpline at 913-780-7781. If you are a preschool or kindergarten parent, you should have received a letter with instructions regarding ParentVUE. If you did not receive a letter, please contact your school for assistance.
1. New families to Ravenwood will receive their printed family calendar on registration day.
2. Returning Ravenwood families will receive a printed calendar at Sneak-a-Peek.
3. The calendar is attached to the Blackboard email on July 25th.
4. The calendar is also located on this blog (under the family calendar tab) and on the Ravenwood district webpage.
Saturday, August 12th you may log onto ParentVue to find out!
You can find it at: http://www.olatheschools.com/schools2/programs/elementary/school-supplies
We ask each 3rd, 4th, and 5th grader have a 1 inch binder for a home/school communication notebook.
Students in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades will each receive a plastic orange folder for their home/school communication folder.
Kindergarten supply list is attached below and is located on the Blackboard email sent on July 25th.
- Drop off your school supplies
- Meet your teacher
- Kindergarten students will meet all the kindergarten teachers for Camp Kindergarten.
- Order Royals Tickets for Ravenwood Night at the "K" (Friday, September 8th)
- Order Ravenwood Spirit Wear
- Then Join The Ravenwood PTO “On The Blacktop” From 6:00-7:00pm
- Can you help PTO? http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090445afab2d6-sneak
Bailey Bulldog is very excited about all the summer reading that is taking place! She is going to save her money to get all these readers her special summer reading t-shirt and sweet treat!
Bailey's Summer Book Challenge packets are due back to the office by Friday, August 18th to earn a t-shirt.
How do we communicate with Ravenwood Families?
Safety Patrol participation offers 4th and 5th grade students an opportunity to serve as a school SAFETY volunteer.
It is an organization that promotes:
The primary goals of Safety Patrol are:
- To help students to develop sound habits while on school property.
- To foster qualities of leadership and good citizenship in patrol members.
- To be good role models for all students.
- To encourage students to observe safety rules at all times.
- To know and enforce school expectations.
Morning Duties begin promptly at 7:55am and end at 8:20am daily.
Afternoon Duties begin promptly at 3:35pm and end at 3:50pm daily.
- Hallway monitoring
- Assisting with Kindergarten student arrival
- Assisting students as they exit cars during arrival time and enter their cars at dismissal time
- Assisting at crosswalks to ensure student and staff safety
“Sign-Up Genius” will be utilized to have parents and students sign up for their semester duties together. There will be a minimum number of duties required for each safety patrol member each semester to remain active and join in the semester parties. Students have a punch card in the office they have “punched” every time they go on duty. The minimum number of duties for each safety patrol member will be communicated when the “Sign-Up Genius” link is emailed to parents.
- You must wear an orange vest while on duty
- Leave your backpack in the designated front hallway area
- Each patrol is to sign his or herself in, on time, daily.
- Patrols are to punch their card at morning and afternoon duties.
- Do your job to the best of your ability.
- Attend Safety Patrol meetings to gain knowledge on safety around Ravenwood.
- Dress appropriately for the weather (We will follow the school district guidelines for outdoor recess guidelines for duty during the cold months)
- Patrols will be kind, positive, and welcoming to all Ravenwood patrons.
- Be the best Ravenwood Tiger you can be!
Important Dates for Safety Patrol Members:
- Friday, August 18- Commitment Contract Due electronically on Google Docs
- Monday, August 21- Safety Patrol Meeting 3:50-4:30pm 5th Grade Pod
- Tuesday, August 22- 1st Quarter Safety Patrol Duties begin
- Monday, December 18- 1st Semester Participation Reward Party- 3:40-4:30pm 5th Grade Pod
- Wednesday, January 5- 2nd Quarter Safety Patrol Duties begin
- Monday, May 21 – 2nd Semester Participation Reward Party- 3:40-4:30pm 5th Grade Pod
If you have any questions,
please email or call me!
Mrs. Christi Gottschalk
Safety Patrol Leader
Safety Patrol Sign Up LInk:
Tiger Service Club is open to 5th graders who would like to give their time and talent to help with a variety of activities and assist at school events throughout the school year.
Here are a few events:
- Back to School Parent Night
- One in a Melon
- Friday Recycling Days
- Gifts for Staff
- Mrs. Frank Program Assistants
- Mrs. Cigich Book Fair Assistants
- Mr. Pitcher PE Night Assistants
- Friendship Grams
- Kindergarten Round Up School Tours
- Flower Planting Day
- Philanthropy Projects
- Penny Wars
- Joint projects with Tiger STUCO
- Halloween Costume Drive or Hat, Mitten, and Coat Drive (Alternate years)
- PLUS, MORE!
“Sign-Up Genius” will be utilized to have parents and students sign up for activities together.
Tiger Service Club members are required to exhibit appropriate behaviors modeling our school wide “PAWS” initiative.
Important Dates for Tiger Service Club Members:
- Friday, August 25- Club Commitment note due to Mrs. Gottschalk
- Thursday, September 7
- Monday, October 9
- Thursday, November 16
- Thursday, December 7
- Wednesday, January 24
- Monday, February 12
- Wednesday, March 21
- Wednesday, April 25
- Wednesday, May 16
Mrs. Gottschalk~ Tiger Service Club Leader
Tiger Service Club Sign Up Link:
PAWS the Tiger & Poppy the Tiger Mascot Application
and Mascot Assistant Application
Thank you for your interest in being one of Ravenwood’s PAWS the Tiger or a mascot assistant at special events that take place during the day and at evening events during the school year.
PAWS the Tiger and Poppy the Tiger student mascots and assistants are expected to be Tiger Blue role models at all times while at school and school events. The mascots and assistants are to be enthusiastic role models for the students and staff. There will be 3-4 student mascots and 3-4 assistants chosen through the application process.
- PAWS the Tiger: PAWS only uses gestures and body movements to communicate with students to share Tiger Love.
- Mascot Assistant: The mascot assistant will be the mascot’s best friend by leading the mascot around and will be crowd control for PAWS. The assistant needs to an excellent communicator and be able to talk to younger students to share Tiger Love.
You must return the attached application form to Mrs. Gottschalk no later than Friday, September 1, 2017
PTO July News attached below:
Thank you to all those who helped fund raise for the gift and helped deliver the statue to Ravenwood!