Save the Date for the Daughter Daughter Dance
Get your country vibe going....Boots, Bowties, and Barnyard Boogie!
Friday, November 10th~ 7:00-8:30pm
More information to come!
This a Ravenwood event that I organize with staff volunteers who want to give back to the Ravenwood community! Tiger Love, Mrs. Gottschalk
Wednesday the students have early dismissal at 11:20am.
(The family calendar has the incorrect time listed.)
Before the conference
- Ask your child how she feels about school.
- Ask your child if there is anything that he wants you to talk about with his teacher
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
- Prepare a list of questions such as:
Does my child participate in class?
What can I do at home to help?
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting.
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will probably have a conference after yours.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand
- Ask your child's teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about any struggles.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.
MAP Testing Results for Grades 1-5 will be shared at
Attached to the Blackboard email: NWEA A Parent's Guide to MAP
Attached to the Blackboard email: Example parent note that is attached to your child's MAP results. (Please note the picture below is a just a snip it of the document.)
From your Ravenwood PTO:
Let's show our appreciation and support to the RW staff by providing them a meal during conferences. Copy and paste the link to sign up!
Students are to wear their costumes to school on the party day and wear school clothes under their costume, or bring clothes to change into after the party. All costumes and accessories will be removed at the end of the parties and we will resume a normal school day. Students will not be having afternoon parties or treats for the fall party.
Weapons and/or look-alike weapons are not allowed.
Faces completely covered in makeup are not allowed (This is distracting for the remainder of the school day.)
Please remember that costumes should not reflect violent characters, blood, gore or any theme not appropriate for the younger school environment.
Our new Pillar of PAWS for 2nd quarter is Kindness.
Here are a few ways students are spending their hard earned PAWS!
I get the privilege to work with everyday!
Thank you and Tiger Love,